Alfa Connections takes your privacy very seriously. This Privacy Notice is intended to set out your rights and answer any queries you may have about your personal data. If you need more information, please contact: [email protected] If you have entered into a contract with one of our subsidiaries or group companies, the controller of your data will be Alfa Connections. We are taking each customers data very seriously.
1. What personal data do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our products and when you purchase services from us. The personal data we process includes:
- Company Name (optional);
- Home or Work address with Country/Region;
- Email address;
- Contact number
2. How do we use this personal data and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process the personal data listed above for the following purposes:
- to establish and fulfill a contract with you, for example, if you make a purchase from us or enter into an agreement to provide or receive services. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you, providing customer services, and arranging the delivery or other provision of products or services. We require this information in order to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without it;
- in accordance with our legitimate interests in protecting Alfa Connections’’ legitimate business interests and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation);
- with your express consent to respond to any comments or complaints we may receive from you, or to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services;
- we may use information you provide to personalize (i) our communications to you; (and (ii) services for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to monitor use of our websites and online services. We may use your information to help us check, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- we may monitor any customer account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- in circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes, in accordance with our legitimate interests; and
- we may use your information to invite you to take part in market research or surveys.
We may also send you direct marketing in relation to Alfa Connections relevant products and services. Electronic direct marketing will only be sent where you have given your consent to receive it, or (where this is allowed) you have been given an opportunity to opt-out. We will not send you direct marketing of third-party products or services although our own products or services may on occasion include co-operation with third parties. You will continue to be able to opt-out of electronic direct marketing at any time by following the instructions in the relevant communication.
3. With whom and where will we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with our subsidiaries to process it for the purposes of inter-group administration and to deliver products or services where elements of these are provided by Alfa Connections other than those with which you have directly contracted.
In the event that our business or any part of it is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and those of any prospective purchaser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
4. How long will you keep my personal data?
We will not keep your personal data for any purpose longer than necessary to fulfill the original or a compatible purpose. In some instances, we are required to retain certain information as long as reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions. Where this is the case, your personal data will only be processed for the relevant legitimate purpose and not used for marketing.
Where you are a customer, we will keep your personal data for the length of any contractual relationship you have with us unless otherwise.
Where you are a prospective customer and you have expressly consented to us contacting you, we will only retain your personal data for this purpose (a) until you unsubscribe from our communications; or, if you have not unsubscribed, (b) while you interact with us and our content; or (c) for 4 years from when you last interacted with us or our content.
In the case of any contact you may have with our team, we will retain your details for as long as is necessary.
5. Where is my data stored?
The personal data that we collect from you will be stored in Alfa Connections Database.
6. What are my rights in relation to my personal data?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, clicking the unsubscribe button on any communication we have sent to you or by contacting us.
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
You also have the right, with some exceptions and qualifications, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved. In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data (a) by withdrawing your consent for us to use it; (b) if it is no longer necessary for us to use your personal data; (c) if you object to the use of your personal data and we don’t have a good reason to continue to use it; or (d) if we haven’t handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.